Pool Algae Treatment Services in San Diego
Nobody wants the neighborhood swamp. If the only swimmers you are getting are the perennial mosquito larvae and you’re unsure about the best method of pool algae treatment to tackle the problem, leave it to the professionals. Depending on your pool’s specific situation, meaning it could need mustard algae pool treatment, yellow algae pool treatment etc. here are some ways we can work with you to restore your pool to be a healthy, beautiful oasis:
- Chemistry – Poor water chemistry is a big contributor for needing pool algae treatment due to growth. Keep the pH balanced at 7.2-7.8. Chlorine is less effective when pH is too high, and it’s too aggressive when pH is too low. A free Chlorine residual of 3.0-5.0 will help to sanitize and limit algae growth. Tip: by subscribing to one of GL’s pool cleaning plans, you can ensure your pool’s chemistry will stay in a healthy zone and avoid most chemistry-induced algae.
- Filtration – We recommend a pool filter cleaning of the circulation filter every 6 months, and as a rule of thumb, keep it within 10 PSI of the starting clean pressure. A clean filter saves you money by preventing broken cartridges and grids and keeping your electrical costs down. The flow rate will be higher, and the amp draw will be lower on the motor. *Filter cleanings are scheduled and completed every 3-6 months for all GL Pools service customers.
- Turnover – This is the equation of calculating the amount of time it takes to filter the entire gallonage of the pool. It’s important to achieve a rate of at least 1 turnover per day. Here is a website to help calculate your turnover rate: https://www.aes-sw.com/turnover-flow-rate-calculator
- Organics – To prevent constant pool algae treatments limit the amount of organic material (soils, leaves, fertilizers, pollen) entering the pool. Basically, stop feeding the algae! Emptying baskets, and having the pool professionally cleaned once a week will help tremendously. Brushing dusty areas and low flow corners will keep the algae from being able to form. Trim plants away from the pools edge and consider getting a cleaner to keep organics from sitting stagnant on the pool floor.
- Mustard algae pool treatment
- Yellow algae pool treatment
- Black algae pool treatment
- Green algae pool treatment
The Bottom Line on Pool Algae – It’s a Question of Time
Perhaps the biggest reason for algae growth is that many pool owners are extremely busy and pool maintenance can be time consuming and difficult. That’s where GL Pools comes in. We specialize in the following pool algae treatments:
These services can be diagnosed and offered as a one-time service or paired with a weekly or monthly service plan.
Contact the Pool Algae Treatment Experts
We’d love to help you turn your backyard chore into a relaxing, fun feature of your home. Contact us online today or give us a call at 877-707-7665 for advice on pool algae treatment or a quote on service. We can’t wait to hear from you!