by the Pool Service & Repair Experts at GL Pools
Summers are a time to beat the heat, and what better way to do that than by enjoying a refreshing dip in a sparkling pool? The sun shines brightly, casting a warm glow on the water, as the sound of laughter and splashing fills the air. Whether it’s floating lazily on a pool raft, playing a game of water volleyball, or simply lounging by the water’s edge, summer days spent in the pool are pure bliss—and something to which we all look forward. But is your swimming pool ready for summer?
With summer on the horizon, it’s time to contact your local swimming pool cleaning service to help get your pool ready for summer. Because even in the warmest of climates you must handle several essential adjustments and maintenance tasks before opening your pool for the season and welcoming guests into its waters. Proper swimming pool maintenance is crucial for a healthy, enjoyable pool experience throughout the summer months.
From the differences in chemical usage and pump and filtration settings to various additional care measures, GL’s pool service providers are prepared to ensure your pool is ready to go when you are. If you live in the San Diego area and are interested in learning how to get your pool ready for summer, we’ve got you covered. Discover a range of tips and insights into the summer services provided by GL Pools to help you maintain a sparkling and healthy pool throughout the season.
What to Expect with Your Pool This Summer
Pool service in the summer is vastly different from pool service in the winter months for various reasons. If you’re looking for guidance on how to get your pool ready for summer, trust our knowledgeable professionals to guide you through the process with ease. With our thorough pool service, you can have peace of mind knowing your pool is in expert hands throughout the season. As one of the top pool companies in San Diego, we understand the unique challenges and requirements of maintaining a pool in this area. Keep reading to learn more about our services and how GL Pools can help you have a pristine pool this summer.
- As pools and spas are being used more frequently in the summer, they need more care and attention to ensure proper sanitation and chemical balance.
- During the winter, pool service providers such as GL Pools refrain from using certain chemicals, including chlorine tablets, due to their high cyanuric acid content. An overabundance of this chemical can upset the pool’s chemical balance and lead to the need for pool reverse osmosis or draining and refilling. However, as summer approaches, pool care shifts to accommodate the warmer weather and increased usage, and we begin to utilize more chemicals to maintain proper hygiene and cleanliness.
- Pump speeds and run times should be increased to ensure an acceptable turnover rate (a minimum of two turnovers every 24 hours is ideal).
- As temperatures rise in the summer, it’s important to power on solar heating systems to maintain a comfortable water temperature in the pool.
- Install your annual algaecide. For clients with Jandy Fusion systems (inground mineral sanitizing systems), GL Pool’s pool cleaning service professionals will replace Fusion mineral pods annually, while Blueray XL (a copper, silver, and zinc water modifier) is used for others.
- During the cooler months, evaporation rates may be low. However, as temperatures rise in the summer, your pool may require more frequent water addition. To maintain proper water levels, your swimming pool cleaning service can adjust the autofill or fill timer accordingly. If your pool does not have one of these systems in place, GL Pools will inform you when it’s time to add water. If you’re interested in installing an autofill or fill timer, GL Pools can help with the installation process.
- The pool must be brushed more often, especially on the side that receives the most sunlight, including grottos, swim-up bars, and the like.
- Filter and salt cell cleaning are critical, with GL Pools following a quarterly schedule for our San Marcos pool maintenance service.
- Spa spillovers should be programmed, or the spa should have a “bypass”, allowing freshwater into the spa.
- Clients on GL Pool’s “Seasonal” plan currently receiving one full cleaning a month should expect detailed weekly cleanings from May through October.
Make GL Pools Your Go-To Pool Cleaning Service Provider Year-Round
At GL Pools, we’re happy to offer a comprehensive selection of pool cleaning services to residents all over the San Diego area – including as a top-rated pool cleaning service Escondido. When you choose us as your swimming pool cleaning service, you can expect exceptional results and outstanding customer care. From new swimming pool startups and pool cleaning to equipment installation, chemical balancing, pool draining, and more—GL Pools is a perfect choice for anyone getting their pool ready for summer. As a trusted San Diego pool repair specialist, we can also address any issues that may arise with your pool equipment, ensuring smooth operation all season long.
If you’re interested in learning more about the pool services we offer, visit our service plan page today. Alternatively, if you know what you need and are ready to schedule an appointment, go here to get a free quote. With our expert team of swimming pool cleaning service professionals, we’ll ensure your pool is in top shape and ready for you and your guests to enjoy all summer long. Don’t wait—contact GL Pools today and experience the difference of a well-maintained, sparkling pool that’s ready for summer!